Quality educational management is important to the overall achievement of accessible, equitable and quality education. Quality education managers are key requirement to high-performing institutions. To help educational personnel become quality managers, KEMI has prepared a Diploma in Education Management which is delivered through distance learning.
Aim of the Diploma in Education Leadership and Management program
The aim of the Diploma in Education Management is to equip you with the knowledge, attitudes and skills to competently improve access, equity and quality of education.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of education laws, policies and reforms.
- Practice transformative educational management.
- Manage resources for optimal outcomes.
- Understand how to successfully develop learner-friendly institutions.
- Apply competencies needed to lead curriculum implementation effectively.
- Promote the practice of ICT integration in educational institutions.
- Lead the implementation of Science, Technology and Innovation (ST&I) in education effectively.
- Use effective guidance and counselling techniques for reducing school disturbances and handling crises.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the course work by undertaking a action research project.
The course has eight (8) modules. The eight (8) modules consist of 57 units each. Each unit consists of 16 hours. In addition you will undertake an action research project for a period of 4 months (160 hours).
Module 1: Education Law, Policy and Reforms
Module 2: Transforming Education Leadership
Module 3: Institutional Resource Leadership and Management
Module 4: Effective Leadership for Child Friendly Schools (CFS)
Module 5: leadership in ICT Integration in Education
Module 6: Leadership in Curriculum Delivery
Module 7: Leadership in Science, Technology and Innovations
Module 8: Guidance and Counselling for Education Institutions